Sunday 15 April 2012

59. Discuss how a specific place can be used to help illustrate your personality.


There is one kind of place that can illustrate my personality and it can be found all over the world. This place can build up and cause mayhem but at a completely different time be calm like there is not a care in the world.  It is the kind of place I have spent a lot of my life. This place is a beach, but not any beach a costal beach where the conditions can change from any given time. The sun can be out or the clouds could role out and change the whole mood of the place. I am a person that does not change moods from second to second but builds up over time to change the way I act for time to time. The beach is a place I relate this to very much because the ocean and weather conditions do not change at any given second but build up to alter the kind of day. 
I am usually in the kind of mood that is relaxed and not easily disturbed. Where everything seems to role out and I flow with everything that is happening around me. I like to sit and do my own thing and at this time I just reflect on life. My imagination may start to go crazy where there are no boundaries to how much I can imagine and create. I relate this to the kind of day or days where the beach is calm, no dramatic waves, just a flat ocean that you can see out into the horizon. The sun is out and shines down and reflexes off the sand and water. The sun is not burning hot; it warms your skin from the inside out. These are the days the beach is calm and you can see where the water and sky meets. This side of my personality can be illustrated by this time at a beach very well.
Everyone also has a energetic side, full of playfulness and happiness where all you want to do is have fun. Me, I am the person who loves this side of me, where I do not see the boundaries where the fun can stop. This side of me can last days on end where all I do is enjoy life, but not by myself but with the people that want to enjoy it with me. This is like a beach in the sense that the day is full of sun that burns you up and keeps you hot and active. There are waves rolling in, perfect waves which happens to be the best time to be in the water. Everything is moving; full of energy like this time will never end. These are the days at a beach where everything is energetic and moving like everything was planned to go that way. 
 Now my angry side is different to a lot of people in that fact that most people can get angry straight away. My anger does not turn on from a flick of a switch, it takes time. When I am angry, frustrated, stressed, depressed, and sad they all kind of come out together. Each one slowly builds up, combines together until it is too much to handle. I get to a state that everyone know that I am in this kind of mixed mood, so everyone stays a way. You can see this mood come from a mile away, so I feel like I have time to prepare for it. This relates those stormy and destructive days at the beach. Where the waves are washed out, rough, and choppy no one dares to enter. It is over cast, thunder, and lighting everyone knows there is a storm going on. These days are miserable down at any beach and everyone stays away. However, this storm does not come out of anywhere you can see it build up and come towards the coast. This kind of weather down at the beach really illustrates this kind of personality I have in tough times. 
Beaches are a very central part of my life and I can relate to them in so many different ways. Although my personality is not always the same I feel like a beach is still the best place to relate it too. Beaches are unpredictable in the sense that you do not know what is coming to far ahead. So if I had to choose a place to illustrate my personality, I would choose a beach. 
Word Count: 748

1 comment:

  1. This one has some very good moments. I particularly like the analogies you make to emotions and the scene at the beach that reflects that emotion. You particularly do a nice job with the stormy-angry version of the beach. Some of your descriptive words are particularly vivid. Use more of those when you write.

    ReplyDelete